fear as a symbol of loss

I picked up this book from the library titled "the addictions workbook".  I got it for a client of mine.  But life is so good, because it turns out that it has a lot of helpful information in it for me.  I never grow tired of looking at myself, and growing.  So part of it was about feelings, and it had a bunch of feelings in categories, and it asked to look at the categories, and determine which ones I try to avoid, through addiction or compulsive behaviors. All the ones that I could identify were in the fear category.  So for a few days I started to think about fears that I have, some I was already aware of, others not so aware of. And then later in the book it was talking about addictions being related to loss, and had an exercise on identifying all the losses I have experienced. Boy, there were  ALOT in fact, almost constant for a few years there.  So I was thinking then about my fears and my losses.  Now, here is the neat part.  I opened up A Course In Miracles a couple of days ago, and read "your fear is a symbol of your deepest sense of loss", and it went on to describe this loss, as the loss of my unity with god, my own divinity.  And I just thought that was so profound, that I would turn to that page at that time.  I am now working to recognize when I am having a fear based thought, and remembering who I am, that I am a "child of god", i am spirit, so i am actually only love, and so all fear is false. This is great.  If I am having a compulsive thought, think then, why am I having it? Am I running from a false fear? And if so, I will recenter myself, get realigned with god/divine/christ/buddha in me.  And the truth shall set me free. or, should i say it sets me free.

Comments

Popular Posts