I have been thinking alot lately, about the truth that everything works for our good.  This is something I read in the bible when I was little "and we know that in all things, god works for the good of those who love him."  and I would think, well I better love god enough then so that things will work for good.  And then when it seemed that things weren't working for the good, that must mean that I didn't quite love god enough.  And if I didn't love god enough, then that to me meant that I wasn't good enough that there was something wrong with me, and so then that further translated to the belief and terror of going to " hell".

But I know differently now, and this knowing comes from experience.  I can look back on my life, at all of the things that I thought were just plain awful, and I can see how they definitely did work for my good.  EVERYTHING has worked for my good.  When I go to AA meetings, I can see this with all the people there, when I meet with clients, I can see this.  This truth applies to everyone in all situations.  As far as things working for our good when we love god, well, i believe that in truth we all do love god, or the divine, or just love itself.  however,  ego gets in the way sometimes of our ability to remember this.  thankfully even when we have forgotten our true love nature, life/universe/god doesn't forget, and things still work for our good. this is grace! and now it is my task to remember that when things APPEAR to not be going my way, that I am judging it on how i think I want it to be, and i am forgetting that it will work the way that is best for me, as ALL THINGS WORK FOR MY GOOD, and there are no exceptions to this.

Comments

Popular Posts